Friday, August 14, 2009

My Big Girl!

We had a big night in our house on Monday. I went to Aquafit (which I have been loving & is just the best break) and when I came home at 9:30 I was a bit shocked to find that AL had tried to climb out of her crib and had a pretty good fall. (Of course it had to happen when Daddy was with her; I swear he feels worse than any parent when his kids get hurt). She had been trying to climb in and out over the past week and I was in a bit of denial that I needed to deal with her being in a bed and no longer in the confinement of her crib. Anyway, I found myself at Walmart at 10pm buying railings to put on the single bed we have. By 11:30pm we finally had the bed in AL's room and the railings attached. I was so scared she would be up all night with her new freedom. I was also a bit sad at the thought that she wasn't a baby anymore. I remember some of her first sleeps in her crib like it was yesterday!

I am so happy to report that over the past week AL has been nothing but perfect about sleeping in her big girl bed. She was so proud of her bed when I got her the next morning! I have actually loved starting the new routine of taking her to bed and laying with her and reading stories and saying prayers.
The bedding I had for the single bed was blue and so my mom and I took her out and we bought the sweetest bedding. When I put her down for a nap the other day I said "Nice blankets AL" and she said "Soooooo Pretty!". She loves them. Now I just need to see if we can find a nice white wooden head board for her bed (I would love suggestions on where to look for something cute & affordale!) I am proud of my big girl in her big girl bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment