Thursday, April 22, 2010

Start Your Engines

My nephew SF just turned 5 (hard to believe that is possible) this past week and my sister held the most adorable Race Car party for him last weekend. I tried to play photographer and I just had to share some of the adorable pics and ideas because I love a great party!

When the kids arrived they all constructed their own car out of a card board box. They attached wheels with large brads, decorated steering wheels, attached head and tail lights along with a license plate. We then hung them over the kid's shoulders with ribbon.

The kids all got to take their pic with their race car and trophy. (She found this great cut out on a website for only a few dollars)

She had what I thought was a genius idea for the cake. She ordered a plain white cake from Costco and then decorated it with a race track on top. (Delicious and hassle free)

The kids then had a little parade and "drove" their cars down to the park tooting their horns the whole way. The boys wore helmets and the girls wore princess crowns. It was so super cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment