Monday, November 15, 2010

Last Project of the Year

I managed to squeeze in finishing one more project before the snow starts flying (even though I did end up doing some painting in the basement due to the cold temps).
My parents gave me these great bar stools a month or so ago when they bought new ones.



They actually gave me 3 of them (2 white ones and one wood color). They had originally bought them with the intention of painting the third one white but it never happened over the years. They are a beautiful solid wood and made in Italy. I only refinished 2 of the stools since I really don't have room for 3 at my counter and the third one had several broken spindles on the back of the seat.
I sanded them down to the bare gorgeous wood (seriously wish I knew what kind of wood it is) and then painted them black. I decided not to distress these stools since I want to have a bit of balance in my house by not distressing everything and I think they complement our black appliances in the kitchen nicely! I then finished them off with a coat of oil based varathane that left them nice and glossy (don't use the oil based on lighted projects or it will yellow it).



I am loving the way they turned out and it has been so fun to be able to sit at the island to eat breakfast with my little lady in the morning!
Now that the forecast is looking pretty chilly I need to put some energy into some of my indoor projects until next spring when I can get back out and tackle the pieces of furniture still sitting in the garage waiting for some TLC.

5 comments:

  1. You have such great vision! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them Sheri!! Distressing gets addicting, but you are soooo right that not everything should and needs to be distressed! They are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete