Monday, November 8, 2010

Success

I woke up one happy Momma this morning.
If I said I haven't had a full night of sleep in months (possibly 3 years) I wouldn't be exaggerating. My little boy has given me a run for my money in the sleep department. He was the perfect newborn and slept so well through the night that I started sub teaching when he was 4 months old BUT at some point things changed big time. We have done lots of days of crying it out but eventually it becomes easier to just get up and give him a cup of milk and be back in bed in 2 mins over listening to the crying all night and waking the entire household.
Out of pure exhaustion I decided that he can no longer have a cup of milk at bed so he learns to get to sleep on his own (I know, I am a slow learner). Anyway, last night he cried a bit BUT the boy who hasn't let me get 2 whole hours of sleep this past week slept 13 hours last night! Amazing.
We have been potty training AL the past 12 days and she has AMAZED me! The kids ended up with strep throat this week so it gave us even more time at home. She has gone from a few days of bare bottom training to panties to being fully clothed. She hasn't had an accident in a week and I never have to ask her to go to the bathroom she just runs off on her own and does it. She has filled her sticker chart (which has now become a two sided sticker chart because she loves it that much). She has not only put a sticker in each square of the chart but most have 3 stickers per square and she doesn't seem to clue in that it is full..........I love it!
She sleeps in a pull up at night and after she slept an amazing 13 hours last night she came and got me with a very DRY pull up on and ran to the potty!! Success.
We are still working on getting comfortable with the large sized toilet so she wears a pull up when we are out (which hasn't been much this week) but I know it will just be a matter of time.
I am so proud of my kidlets.

**Sorry no cute pics.....the responsible Daddy of the house mentioned he didn't want to see any pics of his little lady in her adorable panties to surface on my blog.....at least one parent is on the ball!****

8 comments:

  1. YEAY! YEAY! YEAY! SUCCESS ALWAYS FEELS GOOD!

    Way to go kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go mommy and daddy for sticking it through! That takes guts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!! So exciting! Glad potty training is going so great! Happy sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finally getting some sleep! That is HUGE news! You must've felt amazing when you woke up! And potty training... I hope you have rewarded yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for happy news! I"m SOOOOO glad you got to sleep last night. SO GLAD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for confirming the one thing that truly terrifies me about parenthood....no SLEEP! :( Glad to see they are coming around and letting you get some rest though! Hey, that reminds me-I'm planning a trip next summer...doesn't that mean that you'll be pregnant? hahah, maybe now that these guys are getting the hang of things it's time to move on to the next one? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is exciting!! The things that make you happy when you're a mommy...sleep and potty training success!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yah! It's sure nice to know that our hard work eventually pays off! You're a great mom. Your kids are super lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete