Monday, December 6, 2010

2 years old!

It is hard to believe that my little Buddy is officially 2 years old today. As cliche as it sounds, these past two years have seriously flown by!
JA is obsessed with cars and really anything with wheels so we decided to celebrate his birthday with a little Car themed birthday party with the family.

(ignore the bruise on his cheek and scratch on his nose.......a true toddler!)
I tried to keep the party fairly simple and just decorated with some cute flag banners, balloons and traffic lights.



I made some fun little candy cars for the kids in lieu of goody bag treats.

I also placed our car mat on the floor with a bucket of cars for the kids to play with.
We decided to do a delicious breakfast party (thanks LF for the idea) with amazing Belgian waffles with fruit and whipped cream and some bacon and sausage on the side (it was a huge hit!).

JA's car cake was adorable and he was beyond excited when he saw it when he woke up. He could hardly wait until the party to dive into it (or at least to steal the cars off the top of it)!


My little Buddy was so cute and sang Happy Birthday to himself at the top of his lungs with us.


JA could hardly contain his excitement as he opened his gifts. He literally jumped up and down with each gift! Too cute.


The party was a huge success measured by all of the squeals of delight and smiles from my little guy.
We feel beyond blessed to have such a sweet little boy in our family and just love him more than words can express.
Happy Birthday little Buddy!

7 comments:

  1. You are just so creative. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so great! Your cake is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I LOVE the cake! Happy B-day little dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake is seriously amazing!! where do you get your fantastic ideas??

    ReplyDelete
  5. so fun! this post makes me excited to have a boy! cars look fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday James!! We sure love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always perfect! Love it!! And that cake....wow!! My boys love cars too. Glad he had a great birthday. I like the idea of doing waffles too.

    ReplyDelete