Tuesday, April 12, 2011

3 and a 1/2

Today we celebrated AL's 1/2 birthday (see this post for a little bit more about 1/2 birthdays in our house). AL loves birthdays (I am sure my love for planning parties has fueled this love). She honestly talks about what kind of party and cake she is going to have most days. Right now she is torn between a Count Von Count (from Sesame street)Party or a Rainbow party........good thing she has another 6 months to get it all figured out!
We kept the party decor pretty low key with a birthday banner that we had on hand from the dollar store and a few balloons. She was pretty impressed though either way. The birthday girl got to pick out our lunch and dinner choices and she gave me a chuckle when she requested a hot chocolate in the Santa Claus mug to go with her lunch!

We spent a bit of time working on a few craft pages (printouts of a birthday cake, the #3 1/2 and some Tangled pics). We used her favorite craft supplies: glue, glitter and jewels.


We then got to work baking a half birthday cake. AL requested purple icing and pink sprinkles and she was just the best helper icing the cake and "dumping" on the sprinkles! She had a great time practising blowing out the candles as well.

After our Mc-dinner (her choice) we took a trip to the Dollar Store so the birthday girl could pick out a little treasure. I love that she was pretty insistent that her brother be allowed to buy a toy car as well.


AL typically never touches dessert, but she ate every last bite of her cake! She really had the best day and I loved watching her have so much fun.

At 3 and a 1/2 AL:
-is full of imagination. She loves to play with her princesses and has the best conversations with them.
-is very opinionated (that opinion is also subject to change at a moment's notice)
-loves to play with her brother and keep him in line
-loves preschool, dance class and Sunbeams (or "Sun Beeps" as she calls it)
-loves animals. She loves her puppy as well as her imaginary cat named "Missy"
-is the queen of carting around toys in purses and bags and spreads them throughout the house
-loves to learn and inquire about things around her, she is constantly asking about the shapes we see everywhere we go or what letters words start with, etc.
-is so sweet and full of love and we are beyond blessed to have her in our family

We love you AL!

8 comments:

  1. 1/2 birthday parties. What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love your 1/2 bday idea. Jayson won't let me do it. He thinks it'll confuse them. And it'd be right after Christmas and we're just too holiday'd out. I thought about doing for #3 but it's right before my birthday. So I'll just settle for reading about all the fun in your family :) haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! I need to do that this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I was about to ask how you do a half cake but the I realized you make a round cake, cut in half and place on top of each other. Haha, silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea. We borrowed it from you and did it this past year for our kids and they loved it. Looks like AL had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are keeping up with the 1/2 birthdays! I think the printed out 3 1/2 paper to decorate is such a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is absolutely precious! i saw the 1/2 cake and thought that was adorable! you are a fun mom, end of story! I love gathering ideas for my future kids, that one is DEFINITELY going on the list when they get a bit older. SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete