Thursday, May 26, 2011

These shoes were made for walking

My parents just got back from a "work" trip to Barbados. In her usual style my Mom came home with gifts for the family. She brought back a handmade purse for herself and an identical miniature one for AL.
With purses in hand Grandma and AL set out on a little shopping trip yesterday afternoon. I mentioned that AL really needed some new shoes but I didn't imagine how much fun they might have with that request!
AL came home with not just one but two pairs of "light up" shoes that she picked out herself (she was lucky I wasn't along to ruin her fun by picking out something less flashy).


Al tried on her shoes for me this morning and JA was instantly captivated and very insistent that he wear a pair too (despite the size difference). They spent the morning jumping and running around the house watching the shoes light up!


Thank goodness for Grandma!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. I, too, would have come back with something a little less flashy but...that's because I am a practical mother of boys. WHo knows what will happen when I have girls. We may have to borrow those. :)

    ReplyDelete