Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Man!

T had a big birthday yesterday (39) and we had some fun celebrating with a little party! I made this cute little banner for the party and then I had fun raiding the new party store in town finding coordinating balloons, paper plates, napkins, table cloths and streamers. What 39 year old man doesn't want a party with balloons and streamers?!?!?



On Saturday evening we had T's family and some close friends over to celebrate. I sacrificed my hair do to BBQ delicious shish kabobs in the pouring rain (now if that isn't love I don't know what is)! The kids loved having Grandma join them at the "kid's table".(Don't worry, I did have a seat for her at the big table too!)

The girls had tons of fun visiting!


We sang Happy Birthday and T blew out some candles on his "not so manly" cake. (I took the easy road and picked up a cake at Costco. AL lovingly picked out a rainbow birthday cake for her Dad but as they were loading our cart it was dropped on the floor. The only cake they had left to replace it with was the lovely old lady flower cake!)



T opened some pretty great presents (fit for a super hero) from our friends!


J&C giving their hottest look!


We had a great evening visiting and watching the kids run wild (what kind of mother would give 3 toddlers pop to drink????)

T's actual birthday was on Sunday. I felt bad ditching him for early morning meetings, leaving his to get the kids ready and out the door and then we had church all day. We lucked out at the end of the day with T's favorite dinner prepared by my mom and we re-lit the candles on the rest of his huge cake and sang Happy Birthday again!


I'm pretty confident that the Birthday boy had a great weekend. We sure do love you T.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time. I'd totally give my kids pop at a birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "…pretty confident the bday boy had a great weekend…"

    *WINK*

    *WINK*

    Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome...Kara...what you hinting at huh?

    Happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete