Monday, December 12, 2011

"Express Christmas" Fun Weekend

In honor of this post title, I must admit that I heart Modern Family (I laugh so hard watching it)...........don't judge me too harshly!
December has been a bit of a crazy and busy month thus far. I had so many fun activities planned for each day leading up to Christmas for the kids to take part in but wouldn't you know it, life just got in the way and my perfect plans needed a little rescheduling. After recovering from JA's birthday party I went on a butter tart baking marathon for a baking exchange I was part of (so much yumminess). Poor little JA came down with the 24 hour stomach flu which shut any plans down in an instant. It took a few days to fully get over it which landed us right at the weekend.
Saturday morning started off with a big bang with our ward PJ Christmas party and breakfast with Santa. T was heavily invovled in the planning, decorating, cooking etc and managed to get about 3 hours of sleep before the big event..............thanks for all the hard work Honey!
(Sorry, I can't get this pic turned....tried reloading it 6 times and no luck)
The kids had a great time visiting Santa and Buddy the Elf(although there was no way I could convince them to wear their PJ's to the church!)
After the breakfast I was in charge of a craft with the 100 or so kids. They had so much fun making ornaments for their trees.

Since everyone was happy and healthy we decided to just pack as much Christmas fun into our Saturday as we could.
We decorated our gingerbread house/ ate a lot of candy and icing in the process (love Costco's preassembled one!)
AL and I painted some ceramic Christmas ornaments while Daddy and JA did some Christmas shopping later in the afternoon.
We topped off our day of Christmas fun with a trip to Candy Cane Lane to look at all of lights. We brought Grandma along for the fun too.
We couldn't have asked for a more perfect night; the temps were right at zero- 1 above and it was magical. The kids loved it. We topped the night off with a hot chocolate.
It was the perfect Express Christmas fun weekend. On Sunday morning we woke up to this......

Another sick child. Hopefully we can get all the sickness over with now and be healthy for Christmas day!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a bunch of fun. We've got sickies, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love modern family! love your title!!! fun christmas activities

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a TON of fun. Except being sick, of course. I hope y'all are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fun weekend!! hope everyone is feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete