Do you remember this post? That late night run in freezing cold temperatures began a friendship that is hard to find.
I have been blessed to have some pretty amazing friends in my life but this was a completely different type of friendship. There is something about running together every other day for an hour or more at a time that builds a deep bond so quickly. As our feet hit the pavement over the past year conversations filled the air. We talked of our pasts, our hopes, dreams, frustrations, shared joys, testimonies, laughter, conquered all types of terrain and weather, accomplished goals, grew confidence and built a strong connection.
Our children are similar ages and spent hours playing together at the park, trips to the zoo, the spray park, trips to the grocery store, play dates, meals together, school and primary together. Our lives became intertwined on an almost daily basis. Motherhood finally had so much more support and ease to it. Finding someone who loves your kids like their own is a treasure. Knowing you are welcome to drop your kids off to run to an appointment is a gift. Not worrying if your house is a disaster before having them over was priceless.
I watched my dear friends pack up their moving truck and move out of town today. I will admit that there were tears. There is going to be a lot of empty space to fill. It is amazing the impact an amazing person can have on your life in such a short period of time. The influence for good a true friend can have. I'll miss you my friend.

I understand completely. In the past 2 years I've had 3 good friends move away and it's been tough and depressing each time. Then you make new friends. I know it sounds hollow but I guess people come into our lives for a time for a reason. Here's hoping the hollow space gets filled again.
ReplyDeleteps I find my husband just doesn't get it; why I get so sad each time someone moves. Husbands are great but they are not a best female friend.
ReplyDeleteI know how hard it is to have friends move away and be the one doing the moving -- it is hard! Miss you lots!!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a truely a rare find. I feel sorrow for you, friend. Your life has been richer for having her in it! (I once fasted to help ease my pains of having such a friend move away...) If that is what you need again in the future, Heavenly Father will put someone in your path :) Big hugs from me :)
ReplyDeleteOh...that is sad. I'm sorry! I left such a friend when we moved away a few years ago. It's hard.
ReplyDelete