Friday, March 23, 2012

A day

It is always amazing the difference a day can make.

On Wednesday afternoon we were out enjoying the warm (8 above)sunshine. T raked the grass and the kids played in the sandbox.



On Thursday the snow began to fly and boy did it come down in buckets. We spent Thursday afternoon and then evening making snow angels, building snow mountains to climb and going for a sled ride. As much as I crave summer time this snow was seriously so fun. We rarely get snow through the winter that is combined with mild enough temps to get out and play and sticky enough to build anything with it. Fun!




In other news JA and I have entered into an official Potty Training mission this week. What a difference a day can make during this parental torture ;)

My Buddy has given me a run for my money and really fought the potty training for the last 8-10 months. He is a very routine kid and change really takes him time to adjust to. He loves his diapers (is even pretty particular about what character should be on them). He will never be caught without being fully clothed at all times (going bare bottom or pantless is not in the cards for him). BUT he has made some serious progress in the last 2 1/2 days.
I had been planning for the past month or so to just get it done next week over Spring Break when we wouldn't have a million things pulling us out the door but on Wednesday when AL came down with the stomach flu I saw the opportunity and went for it. By noon on Wednesday I was ready to quit, between accidents and another child with the flu I was DONE!

JA now has over 20 stickers on his chart (working towards a Finn McMissle toy)and has eaten at least that many little treats, including several for #2's.........hooray! He is seriously so proud of himself. He has been waking up with dry pull ups too (that is a good 12 hours of being dry)and hasn't had an accident since Wednesday morning. I am one pleased Momma.

2 comments:

  1. I am still waiting for "that day" to train Gideon. I am not in a hurry though. I think it will be after summer and all the kids are in school and I can focus on just him. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was wondering how old he was to be potty training... but i went to some earlier posts and figured it out. ivy is not really interested either, she will do it but much more often at the sitter's when the other kids do it first! i guess i am lazy and don't remind her enough. also she just does not want to poop on the potty, peeing is no problem but i don't want to force her to poop on there either when she clearly tells me she doesn't want to. hoping that will pass, eventually... but she's not quite 3 yet.

    ReplyDelete