Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Lately
*****I apologize for the scattered format.......not sure what happened and I can't seem to fix it *****
Life seems busy lately. The days are just flying by and I am trying to use all the energy that I still have left to organize and declutter our house while jumping at any chance to soak in the sun and get out on adventures with the kids. I am very aware that in just shy of 6 short weeks our life of ease will come to a close. Having two very independant children that have no schedules, are so well behaved and so happy and easy going has been so divine!
A little look at some of the things we have been up to:
1. Frequent trips to the zoo - buying a pass was the best decision, it has more then paid for itself and the kids love it each and every time we go.
2. Primary - A primary of over 120 kids that come weekly (and 35 more in nursery) and all their teachers always manages to consume my time and thoughts. We had a very sucessful activity this past weekend for the senior kids. I got some great pics but the school teacher in me always worries about the privacy act so I will leave them off the blog. We did an hour of "speed service" where the kids were divided into 4 groups and rotated rooms every 10 mins or so completing short service activities (washing nursery toys in a timed race, writing letters to our missionary, coloring placemats to line the meal trays for the local seniors home and making "cookies in a jar" to give to a teacher/coach/neighbor, etc). We then played some fun "Survivor" games and relays most of which had gospel themes to them and then ended the morning with sundaes. It was a complete success and I loved every minute I got to spend visiting with the kids and getting to know them more as individuals!
3. Gardening - our veggies are growing, our flowers are blooming and I am constantly on the dandelion attack!
4. Baby W - 33 weeks now. This past week has been filled with every pregnancy related "joy" a lady can experience in her southern parts. Way too much information right there I know ;) Other then that, baby W has his feet nestled in my ribs and is kicking up a storm. We finally cleared a place for his crib to be set up in JA's room after much back and forth debate over our new sleeping arrangements upstairs. JA and AL are such opposite sleepers that I think we are going to attempt to put the boys together in the same room from the start. We'll see how it goes.
5. Schedule free - preschool ended last week with a year end picnic and we have been enjoying a relaxed pace of life ever since! She had a fabulous year and is counting the days until kindergarten (I'm trying not to panic over it all).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are you sharing Baby W's name yet??? Can't believe that he will be here so soon!!
ReplyDeletegreat updates! I think our garden got planted a few weeks after yours and now it's just pouring...days and days...flooding in our region I guess. I hope our doesn't rot and we get beautiful bean plants popping up, too! I love your trees, btw. my siblings and i used to call them Penny Trees. And good job on the activity miss prez! I wish my kids were in your primary. :)
ReplyDelete