It has been a while since my last house update but things are still cruising along. We aren't actually allowed in the house other then on our scheduled guided visits for safety reasons and let me tell you those doors are always locked ;)
 |
The drywall was hung
|
I have had many a peek through the back windows though which is always fun. (sorry the pic on the right won't sit where I put it.....techincal difficulties ;)
 |
| The drywall was mudded, tapped and sanded |
 |
The electrical and plumbing finished and garage door hung
|
 |
| Lots of peeking through the back windows (bonus room top left, living room bottom left, master bed top right and kitchen nook bottom right) |
 |
The walls were painted, ceiling textured and cabinets installed (ignore the window glare)
This is looking through the back window at the corner fireplace in the living room, the kitchen and hall leading to the garage mudroom, bathroom and toy room on the right and basement/stairs/front door on the left
|
It was a happy day when the trim was finally painted and I could envision the final product and not stress about the colors I chose! The entire neighborhood has strict architectural controls (which make for a great looking bright area....one day I'll post pics of all the character homes in the area that I love). All houses have white trim and then the front doors typically are a bright pop of color. Our door still needs to be painted red. Actually there was a huge mistake made with our door so I will be swapping it out for one with some windows down the road to get a bit more light in.
Today we got to go for our official walk. Hooray. It was fun to take a good look around. Lights were installed along with counter tops. I LOVE it. I tried hard to convince them to bump up our possession date since they admitted they only have 3 weeks of work left but we have to wait 7 weeks.....hmmmmm. I'll be praying for that one ;)
Until then I will keep looking at the pics I took with some major excitement!
48 more days to go.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS GREAT!
ReplyDeleteIt's looking so great! I love the island in the kitchen! The end is in sight.
ReplyDeleteStop it! You are such a tease, posting these pix! Really, I'm expecting a grand tour when you're finally in and settled, we'll make a weekend of it!
ReplyDeleteOh! I love looking at homes - who doesn't! It looks great and I bet you can't wait to get moved in.
ReplyDelete