We rang in the new years in a very low key fashion which was perfect for us.
A few decorations!
I took the kids to the store and let them pick out whatever treats they might want (yes, I let them purchase two things that make me cringe for the cleanliness of my house -bright orange Cheese Puffs and hot pink Cream Soda)
We bought a new Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie (my kids are hooked on having us read them aloud to them and the movies make the whole family laugh........terrible, I know)
We rang in the New year at "Midnight" aka 8pm by watching the Australian countdown and fire works on You tube.....lol
Earlier in the day T's coworker came over and spoiled our kids. Not sure if I have ever blogged about "Auntie R" before but let me assure you everyone needs one! She is an amazing coworker of T's who spoils our kids with way too many gifts on every single holiday and birthday. Seriously an angel. She came over with her mom and showered the kids with bags packed full of clothes and gifts. Unreal.
In all on honesty I feel guilty that she gets them soooooooo much but she assures us she loves shopping for them and seeing their reactions. A serious blessing.
On New Years day we decided to go swimming, packed up the kids in their suits and then drove all over discovering one closed pool after the other. On the way home we noticed some action at the lake and remembered they were holding the Polar Bear Swim so we went home got our skates and checked it out with my parents. I am half convinced to try it out next year!
The event is held to raise money for the Special Olympics so they had a few figure skating performances that were so sweet.
We then headed down to the lake and watched the crazy polar bears jump in........brrrrr (-20 ish)
Check out that cold face! The fully clothed guy was a scuba diver ready to help just incase. With the new year always comes some reflection time for me.
I'm not 100% sure what my official goals will be but here are a few ideas:
- Read the BOM cover to cover again over the year (loved the way it changed my life last year)
- Devote some more time for me. I have struggled finding a time to get exercise into my life since we moved with T so busy with school and winter upon us. I am a way better parent and happier person with those endorphines in my life. Going out on a limb and trying a Zumba class this coming week (I'm highly uncoordinated so this is a big one)
- Be a more patient parent, slower to get annoyed and slower to raise my voice. Faster to stop and enjoy the simple moments, faster to get down and just play with my sweet kids. (I have a hunch my first and second goal will also help achieve this one)
- We are working on goals with the kids and for our family - reclaiming a bit more family time in our thoughts, just trying to figure it all out with the possibility of T taking a semester off school at some point since he goes every day all year........
Well, that is all for now. Wishing you a Happy 2014!!!
(I love how AL looks like she is straight out of 1991 in this new top from Auntie R ;)







-1.jpg)


I'm still trying to figure out what my resolutions will be for 2014- yours are an inspiring list!
ReplyDeleteWe LOVE the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies too!! So funny! Family NYE parties are the best...I still need to blog about ours, thanks for the reminder ;)
ReplyDelete