Sunday, March 30, 2014

March Madness

*Random updates*
 
Anyone else have a PVR that looks like this page after page, every night this month???
 
March has been a crazy month of highs and lows.  The weather has been filled with glorious spring temps and then freezing cold snow storms, we've been hit with sickness after a couple months of nothing and every day has been busy busy busy!
 
This little guy can't get enough of shovelling water or snow
 
These sunrises out my bedroom window sure make for a good start to any day 

I hung my chalkboard sign with a little spring message as we basked in the sunshine, puddles and fired up the BBQ !  I knew it wouldn't last but loved every minute of it 

 I love seeing all the kids out playing on bikes, skipping ropes and doodling with chalk.  We have lucked out with the nicest neighbors, a street filled with kids.  A true blessing.
 Popping a wheelie with Dad's help
 A bike ride to check out Grandma and Grandpa's house progress (the foundation and electrical are in, lot back filled and the lumber is delivered awaiting framing)
 Frozen was released on DVD and I may have made a quick trip to the store in my big ugly sweatpants with bed head to grab it so I could curl up while sick lol (worked like a charm).  Love this movie.
 Our spring weather didn't last long enough.......sigh
 And the snow and cold has returned.  Almost April 1st and I'm not sure it is ever going to leave.
 
 
 
 JA has been learning about Space all month and preschool and absolutely loving it.  He has decorated his bedroom wall with all the planets he has made in craft time and constantly incorporates it into his play.  They had  a "space dress up day" so I made him this jet pack.
 With his best buddy at school


In other news, I have big dreams of filling our mudroom with built in lockers/shelves/hooks but realized lately that I need a temporary solution until that day comes.  The kids can't reach the hangers and have gotten in a terrible habit of dumping all their coats, snow pants etc on the ground for me to hang. 
I finally grabbed these great hooks and it has changed my life ;)  Thanks to my crafty friend TF we added some vinyl name labels too.  Love it


I laughed when I saw this last week.  Little boy at heart had to try on the jet pack and go for a run!
 
 
 We've never had pink eye until this year but AL finally got her turn.....ouch.

I had a fun shopping trip this week.  I came across a second hand clothing page on FB and saw a listing my friend had posted.  I had a blast going to her house trying on tons of cute clothes and getting hooked up :)

 Hello 2 pairs of jeans, 5 tops and 2 pairs of dress shoes! 


I got up some of the Easter decor while we were stuck at home with the pink eye isolation.  More super cuteness to come at craft night on Friday.

My friend TF made me this awesome sign to add to the mudroom.  I painted the board the same blue as the front entrance.  Love some craft time.

To add to the madness this month we had a large section of hardwood replaced.  I have been dreading this since we moved in after appliances were dragged across the floor.  What a complete diaster.
.
 
This past week we got the chance to check out a pretty awesome project the Gr.1's have been working away on.  The 6 grade 1 classes have been busy building community models out of recyclable materials; a pretty big deal.  AL gave us the tour and I was so very impressed.  I was blown away how I could actually picture the different communities....our neighborhood, downtown, the zoo, etc.  Nice work AL!
 Proudly showing me the denal office she constructed!
 
I am embarassed to admit that I spent 2 hrs last week cleaning up all the junk that had accumulated in our bedroom (along with folding and putting away several large laundry piles).  I always make our bed each day and tidy up but our room always ends up being a dumping ground for odds and ends.  I took out a bag of garbage and a bag of recycle.  I even felt prompted to reorganize all of our "papers" into a new system (stay tuned).  It feels so refreshing to walk in there now. 
 
 
Life may been a bit crazy with all the ups and downs but I sure do love these guys!







2 comments: