Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spring, is that you?

Like I mentioned before we were trapped in the coldest march I can remember.  This weekend however the sun came out and the temperatures rose from the -30 windchills to plus 8.  When I walked out yesterday the air felt tropical, it didn't hurt to breathe outside!!!  We are loving every single minute of it.
We spent yesterday morning skating.  It was time for a final spin around the lake before it all melts into a puddle.  We got so toasty we ditched out coats super quick!

 Despite the fact that JA is holding onto a skate helper here he doesn't need it but he loves how fast he can go with it!  It has been so fun watching the kids learn to skate so well this winter.
 After skating we headed home for a little rest before T's youngest sister came over for a visit.
 Once Auntie D came over we headed to the school to play at the park, build snowmen and sled


 Today I gave a talk in church.  It went well and I was able to talk and not feel too nervous through it all.  Despite feeling so crunched for time this week the time I spent studying and preparing for it was just what I needed, funny how that works.  My parents came to help sit with the kids since we knew WR would freak when he saw me sitting on the stand away from him (which happened sending him and T to another room).  They had to leave the moment I finished so I ran down to sit with the kids, WR was able to calm down when he saw me and we enjoyed the last speaker together.  I never let my kids hold electronis during church but JA kept asking how long was left and so I pulled out my phone and turned on the stop watch for him to see the ten mins remaining.  I laughed when I got home and saw he also snapped a few pics of AL who looked super impressed
 In other news my parents house is finally under construction!  It will be fun to have them at church with us every week soon.
 JA has been asking me for something to race his cars down over the past week so it finally occurred to me to grab and a board and set up a track.  Best entertainment ever.

Driving home through an endless sea of puddles and melting snow made me smile.  Even with losing an hr of sleep today for daylight savings time, it was worth the extra sunshine this evening.  Can't wait for more signs of spring!

1 comment:

  1. ACK! That's so exciting about your parents! And I love the racing board idea. Yay for Spring! Good job on speaking! I actually spoke a few weeks ago (yours on Plan of Salvation, too??) for the first time in a few years. I wrote my whole talk about and read it like a General Authority. Boom.

    ReplyDelete