Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April Randoms

 
 
Complete Random happenings between spring break the first week of April and Easter weekend:
 
I found this great pic to add to the easter decor with the words to the song "I know that My Redeemer Lives" written in the egg
 Shocker (insert mass sarcasm) but I got sick.  This has been the most unreal winter.  I got the stomach flu and bad for 24 hrs and then spent the next 5 days so queasy and light headed and feeling awful.  My sweet mom quit her job months ago and just had worked her last shift the week before.  What a blessing!  She helped get kids back and forth to school, folded laundry and made dinner while I couldn't peel myself off my bed.  A SAINT.

My childhood bestie is having a baby in May and I am so excited!  Her Mom threw her a shower this last weekend and I so wish I could go but easter, company and a weeding took priority.  She doesn't know the gender of the baby and I wanted to make a blanket to surprise her with for the shower.  I scoured the city for just the right fabric but gender nuetral is hard to come by.  I bought two and then went with my gut.  Sadly I wasn't feeling 100% when I made it and was a bit distracted by a wild WR.  All was well until the last min when the minky slipped and I sewed one nasty looking edge.  An hr of unpicking later and it all worked out ;)

 The package made it there just in time for the shower!
 When my energy returned I switched up my kid's bedroom.  This new arrangement seems to help give them a bit more privacy as they try to fall asleep without starring right at each other ;)
 The before
 After a week of yuck I finally took a shower AND did my hair and makeup........it was photo worthy at this point!
 This girl worked super hard to get 100% on her weekly spelling words, along with her challenge words and her review words!  A big deal that needed a little DQ to celebrate.  (And her table group earned the most points and got a prize from the bin which was a big deal too)
 So we had ourselves a girls date.  Stopped at some friends craft sale then out for treats.
 We are always watching for house progress at Grandma and Grandpas
 We basked in the heat of the sun in between snow and cold.
 Puppy and cousin time is the best.
 This girl has had two wiggly front teeth forever it seems and she finally got this one out!
 Have I mentioned before that we LOVE all of our neighbors!?!?!
 This guy is always busy and so observant.  Found him in the garage fixing his ride.
 And more progress (I realized I haven't taken a more recent pic)
 AL doesn't get a ton of opportunity for playdates since we babysit 3 afternoons a week.  She had a blast with her friend playing tea party with water.
 WR loved every minute too
 These animal hoodies seem to be the rage at school.  AL was so excited that they were half price $10 last week! 

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize I could just type my name in and comment! Thank you so much for my shower gift. I absolutely LOVE my blanket! It is my favourite baby piece for sure! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids LOVE those animal sweaters too. I was happy to see the $10 sale!

    ReplyDelete