Halloween seems to have a way of taking a good week to enjoy all the fun (no complaints here). The weekend before Halloween we brought in our pumpkins and set to work scooping out their guts.
We used a couple stencils and the kids started carving which quickly turned to Mom and Dad carving for them lol. They turned out pretty cute though. A bat, Puss in Boots, Jack from the Nightmare before Christmas and an eye ;)
We lit them up and checked them out that night!
We got our witch legs and broom in place as well
And lit up the skeleton heads and orange lights
And it wouldn't be Halloween if the white stuff didn't make an appearance before the big day (it was gone by the end of the day)
And we tormented the puppy
One night we tried to make candy apples while Dad was in school (bad timing). I was way too distracted with tracking down JA at the neighbors and AL in the shower. I ran upstairs to check on her right before they were ready (big mistake) and came bake to a not so sweet smell. Yup, burnt. The kids had worried they might be poisoned apples and they most surely were.
T ended up at home mon-wed doing training for work through a university in Arizona. At first I thought this was awesome. I soon realized he was glued to his "office" listening to the teacher and interacting with the class all day long with zero interuptions. Extra fun when he went straight from that to another 3 hrs of his actual school class. What a hard working guy. He is in his crunch time with school and the pressure of final projects in weighing down and consuming his time.
Later in the week we made the mistake of checking out the haunted beach house. The first hr the lights are still on so I thought that it wouldn't be scary at all. Wrong.
The kids were terrified!
AL ran out of there about 2 secs after I made her take this pic of me lol. JA barely made it in and I dragged poor WR through the rest. He didn't seem too phased by it all but woke up terrified in the night. Honestly if the lights were off I probably would have cried, they make one scary house!
On Thursday WR and I got to head to the school to check out the toys that AL's class has been working hard at making with magnets. They skyped with a toy designer in ON, drew up plans and constructed their toys with recycled materials. I was really impressed with what they made.
WR is dreaming of the day he can be a Shark too!
For cubs we banged out tin jack o lanterns with nails and hammers. We painted rocks with glow in the dark paint to turn into eyes but didn't quite get them dry in time.
And my amazing assistant helped the boys make these yummy treats. It was a jam packed evening but always fun.
The big day finally arrived Friday!!!
We had a beautiful Elsa
One adorable Dalmation with the cutest "woofs"
One one super strong Hulk who was ready to smash anything!
The kids went to school in costumes and then WR and I stopped AL's class with Jello Jigglers for her party
We saw about a thousand Elsas in the hallways lol
This was about as dressed as I got this year!
We had mummy dogs before heading out to trick or treat
I took the kids around with my sister and brother in law and nephew (And yes I dressed way too warm and boiled chasing WR up and down each set of stairs)
JA made some adorable crafts and was so proud to hang them up by the front door.
We set out while T handed out candy. We live right off the street my parents live on and our street was pretty quiet (maybe 50 kids max) while my parents "halloween town" street had over 350 kids!!! It is so magical going up and down their street, like a scene from a movie. I loved that one of the firemen neighbors brought his crew over and visited the kids and handed out coloring books!
We met up with some neighbors and ran around with them too
This house is always way too fun. This year they projected pumpkin face animations that moved and sang on the actual pumpkins. So stinkin cute.
I've said it before but I love our community. I love going out and knowing our neighbors and friends and making these magical memories! T met up with us after a bit and we ended at my parents with some yummy snacks. The next morning the kids checked out all their loot (pretty sure they hauled home their own weight in treats)
They have eaten a bit and now it is up high away for the odd treat. We bagged a bunch for cookie baking and yummy icecream making later over the next few months.
We seriously had the best halloween (and then it all went down hill about an hr after this pic.......one word.......lice.)
















.jpg)
















Looks like my cousin (AH) is serving with you in Cubs.
ReplyDeleteThat he is! A great reliable guy.
ReplyDeleteBusy busy!
ReplyDelete