It is seriously hard to believe that JA is 6 years old! Where does the time go? JA wanted a super hero party this year so I did my best to accomodate although my knowledge of super heros is seriously lacking ;) I love planning a party and had a lot of fun with this one too.
I had toyed with the idea of ordering capes or masks from China but kind of left that too long to get it here in time. With 11 kids coming to the party capes seemed like they would cost a fortune to make until we went to the fabric store that is closing out and got some fabrics from $2/m and $2.75/m score! I decided to give up some control and let JA pick out the fabrics. Robotic sharks hadn't been on my radar but they worked great. Thanks to my amazing mom we set up shop in her sewing room and cranked out a dozen capes in no time.I decided to go simple on the cake and printed off these super hero symbols online and popped them on cupcakes.
My boy isn't nearly into crafts the way his sister is so I kept the gathering activity pretty low key. As the boys arrived they decorated their loot bags with stickers, markers and jewels. I made 2 dozen super hero wrist cuffs out of TP rolls (just cut a 1cm wide slit out of them) covered with scraps of left over fabric. They loved them.
Recognize the decorations? For JA's 3rd birthday I sewed these shape mobils together (glad I came across them tucked away in my craft cupboard).
A simple chalk city skyline and we were set
Even Chippey our elf showed up ready to party!
The boys had a great time getting their cuffs on and bags decorated
This guy was just too cute ready to fight crime
I asked the boys what we needed to be real super heros and we concluded super powers and capes. They were beyond excited that they each got their own cape to keep!
I led them down to our Super Hero Training Centre and embarked on gaining super powers! First up was punching and kicking (a must for any crime fighter)
I loved watching them work out all their energy on this guy
Next up was the Hulk Smash wall! I came across these gloves and hammers at the Dollar Tree a couple months back and they were awesome. The boys loved stacking the boxes super high and smashing it down.
All good super heros need to be able to make their way through a laser beam trap so we tested their stealth moves on this one made of yarn and they loved it.
AL had helped me color a bunch of villans and we taped them up on a couple of the walls for target practise.
And last but not least, Spiderman would insist we practise spraying webs so out came the silly string!
We stopped to refuel our heros with some lunch
We tried to work on xray vision as they swung away at the pinata
And then it was time for cupcakes
JA was spoiled with so many awesome presents. We now have a lego factory in the works building so many gifts.
It was so fun to spend a day spoiling my little Super Hero. As my bestie said, "The world is a much safer place with him in it", I couldn't agree more. Happy Birthday Buddy.
As the party drew closer and the forecast looked great I planned one extra activity that we didn't get a chance to do before running out of time. I had filled a bunch of spray bottles with colored water so we could practise saving the world after Mr.Freeze went to work ;)
And a look at the capesAll in all a super fun day spoiling my little hero.






Rad!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I almost want to cry about how awesome this party was. I think I've said it one hundred times but you have the luckiest kids in the world. I bet all those boys had the best time.
ReplyDeleteI love your elf's cape. Haha! Awesome.
And the laser/yarn activity was so cool. I would have had fun doing that! Keep up the great mom work! Don't get burnt out! ;)
Parker had so fun. You throw great parties.
ReplyDelete