Thursday, May 7, 2015

Big Boy Status

My wild man has officially earned the status of being a big boy!  After almost 3 weeks I think it is safe to say he is potty trained and we are now diaper free.
 I won't lie, I hate potty training with a passion.  My older two were difficult and it just didn't click with them until right at 3 yrs so I just expected the same with WR but I kept finding him sitting on the potty without much encouragement.  I finally had an opening in our schedule where I could be home for a few days in a row to get down to business (aside from a few quick trips to school each day).  I flooded him with juice (which we never have in this house) and after the first two hrs and an accident I was ready to give up BUT after 3 weeks that was the one and only accident.  This kid is a potty training machine!  As soon as his big brother got home from school he basically took over and kept running WR to the washroom, including lots of demos lol.
 His chart started filling up in no time! 
 We baked cookies to kill time.  He assisted while in his undies ;)
 I had a jar of treats to reward him with but he didn't really care for them, what he really wanted was a turn with the garden hose.  So that is just what he got!  Including a surprise attack on his siblings.
 Grandma even moved him up to her kitchen island to eat Sunday dinner with all the big kids and cousins.
 A few days into training we were running to the store and he ran upstairs and grabbed his chart off the wall declaring he needed a toy. He took that full chart into the store and claimed his prize.  He carried his chart right up to the till like it was currency ;)
 As hard as it is to see my baby grow up, there isn't much cuter then a little boy in underpants.
 Except for when you look out your window and discover that those underpants are around his ankles (sorry neighbors)!



3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. I love this. Hopefully he stays the course! Amira still needs a diaper for poops, but the pees are pretty successful.... Even when we're out and about. She's even sitting on a regular toilet now and then (gross! Lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for WR! Fun post -- I especially loved the last sentence. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for being diaper free!!

    ReplyDelete