The Saturday of Mother's Day weekend started bright and early with this cute kid sneaking in my room, I was honestly about to get mad when he turned on the lights at 5:30 am but then he came running in so excited to wish me a Happy Mother's day. He was dressed in his soccer gear, holding his gift and couldn't wait until the next day ;)
He drew me a beautiful picture of a sunflower that was framed but my favorite gift was this portrait of me. I think he really nailed my "crazed" look ;) I truly was blown away with the care and detail he put into this gift especially with fine motor pencil work still being something he struggles with and really does not enjoy. He was beaming with pride at his work.I spent the day biking with the Cubs so I was more then happy to celebrate Mother's Day with T's Mom and family out at Red Robin this year! Nice to get in a visit that requires zero work on my part.
The spoilings continued on Sunday with beautiful flowers picked out by the kids along with breakfast made with love.
And more of my favorite treasures.
Not much beats a mantle that looks like this. Makes a mother's heart melt.
My one request each year for Mother's Day is a quick pic with my babies before we head off to church. It is always a gong show but I love having these pics since Mom seems to have a way of being behind the camera more often then not.
I feel beyond blessed that these 3 call me Mom. They truly make life sweeter.









So sweet! The bit about James and his drawing.... Makes me tear up a little.
ReplyDelete