AL is always so easy going and was so accommodating to pack up her stuff and move to the bedroom on the main floor when JA changed his mind on it after a month last fall. When we first moved into our house it was a very fun playroom which I loved. Then my parents moved in for a couple months last summer and after that with childcare no longer part of our life it easily transformed to a kids room to allow all the kids their own space. It works great with a full bathroom right next to it.
After way too long of it being a total disaster and realizing it wouldn't just be a temporary bedroom, I finally got a burst of energy and got to work on it. I am in love with the color and still have an extra can I need to tackle another room with. AL loves it which was the ultimate goal and I think it is the perfect transition from a little girls room to a teen. Very sweet, calm and yet still girly.
BEFORE:
She inherited our queen sized bed (so easy to use when company comes but it is a tight squeeze in this space and so hard for her to make the bed against the wall). Note the insane stuffy hoarding
Sleigh bedframe was just too big for the space. Loved that wall quote when it was a playroom but it was so off for this set up.
ALWAYS a mess
DURING:
First coat went on after kids were in bed and luckily my mom came and kept the boys busy for the last half of the second coat!
This kid wanted to help soooooooo bad
He did stay nice and relaxed at Ikea ;)
AFTER:
I rearranged the furniture and removed the end and side rails of the bed frame to free up space. I also swapped out her bedding with our white duvet set (maybe it will give me the push to finally buy king sized bedding this winter for T and I ;)
And I fell in love with this canopy from Ikea!
This end table (from my childhood) that I refinished in the fall finally found a home
And her stuffies found a home too thanks to Ikea as well, as did her poster in her closet
We cleared out a giant bag of trash and even her doll house now just contains little toys (Shopkins are her new obsession)
We found a great little reading light to clamp on her head board and even the dog is happy
I found a pretty mirror (which is now hung on this wall) and I'm hoping AL can paint some art canvases to hang by her doll houses.
Overall, a huge and much deserved change for our girl!
Hooray for not feeling like I want to keep the door to this room closed all the time.













So peaceful. Hopefully she'll love this space for years to come :)
ReplyDeleteLooks great!!!
ReplyDelete