Friday, January 22, 2016

A makeover

I've wanted wainscoting and some sort of face lift for our dreaded corner fireplace since we moved in. T isn't much of a handyman naturally and doesn't enjoy projects like this. I'm still not sure how I roped him into this one (I'm sure he was cursing my name the entire time) but man I am I thrilled. He did such an amazingly perfect job and I love the difference it makes to our kitchen and livingroom, it feels so bright now! Here are a few pics before, during and after.
I should add that I've become an expert with a nail gun, chalking gun and sander ;) This couldn't have been a messier project to complete in our house! For the final touches I said goodbye to our red curtains and brought our curtains from the bonus room down in place of them, raised the curtain rods up, bought a few new throw pillows on a sweet boxing day sale and recovered a couple (with fabric from a shower curtain of all things). I am so in love with the results. Best birthday present a momma could ask for!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Really anchors the room! I've see a few friends do thing like this and it makes the FP a really focal point. 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete