We woke up to glorious weather and were amazed when we got to the beach to discover the water that was usually a bit wavey was as clear as glass. T and I knew right away we wanted to get out on the kayaks!
Here's a pic I snapped of the lady and one of her daughters selling crafts on the beach. I honestly could hardly pass the up without buying something. A good teaching opportunity for my kids to realize just how blessed they are to "have to" go to school each day.
I also had to snap a pic of this tractor that combed the beach each morning cleaning up the seaweed that landed on the shore each night.
Kayaking was unreal. The water was surprisingly shallow way out past the swim line. Once we got out there we realized we could look down and see so many gorgeous tropical fish. Truly amazing.
I dropped T off and took my mom out for a spin as well. After we got back to shore I grabbed a few snorkel sets and we gave them a go in between the kids beach combing.
I've never been snorkeling anywhere fun before so this experience was beyond cool. We were surrounded by fish in just the waste deep waters, beautiful zebra striped ones, bright yellow, angel fish small and huge, and lots of foot long ones of differing varieties. I could have snorkeled all day (heck I'd still be there if I could lol) After AL snorkeled for a bit T and I cruised around. He even saw a sting ray!
After a few hours some huge black clouds rolled in as we walked the shore looking for treasures
And after a while it started to rain. Not just a little rain but crazy heavy rain. After hiding under our canopy for a bit hoping to wait out the rain, JA looked at me and said let's go swimming! And so we did.
Not a great pic but JA and I are in the water by the flag. This will forever be a favorite memory. Toasty warm water, horrendous rain and non stop laughter and singing from my Buddy. JA is a pretty reserved guy so to hear him belting out "I'm signing in the rain" was something I wish I could bottle up and hold onto forever. Not sure I've ever seen him smile with such delight!
We finally realized that the rain wasn't going away so we all walked back to our room getting utterly soaked but perfectly happy. This is the view in the hallway by our room. I love the open air gardens and rain.
The rain was amazing and lasted a good 2 hrs. Perfect time for a lunch break
After the rain stopped we headed back to the pool to get in some swimming.
Ealier in the week we had booked an excursion to Xel-ha for day 6 which I so badly wanted to go to but we decided to switch the excursion to a trip to swim with the dolphins instead. Xel ha would have been an unreal day of water activities and snorkeling but we realized after we booked it that we would be gone from the resort over 12 hrs and were worried how the kids would do with something like that, especially WR. We will save it for a few years from now!
For dinner we were booked at the Argentina Grill. It was once again a fabulous meal.
A truly wonderful day.


























I'm sold. Isn't wonderful how those family vacations somewhere totally unrelated to where we live and unwrap those amazing core memories? I could feel that very special vacation vibe reading through this post. Very relaxing, too. :)
ReplyDelete