Monday, August 3, 2009

August Long Weekend

We have just had such a fun weekend. T had Friday off so it was great to have an extra long weekend! We spent Friday just hanging out and getting a bunch of things done around the house. Then we had our great friends April and Nicholas over for a BBQ. We had so much fun with them and love how awesome they are with our little monsters! On Saturday we headed to the Lake with my sister's family. AL had a great time in her new little boat with her cousin S and JA did really well in the water in his little floaty crab. Just before we left we had to stop at the playground to play for a bit. It had been really windy while we were there and I took out a few people sitting close to us when my beach umbrella took off! The sky looked clear but got a bit hazy when we were at the playground so we decided to head out. About 5 mins into our drive we hit the hugest storm. When we got home and heard what happened at the big coutnry music festival I felt so blessed that we had decided to leave when we did.



On Sunday we went to church and I tried to snap a few pics of our kids looking all cute and dressed up but I find it almost impossible to get them both looking at the same time. (This is the best I could get)

My parents had been in Victoria for the week so we went to pick them up from the airport and then had a family BBQ with my sister and her family along with our friend and his wife (pretty much part of the family too). We had so much fun eating, visiting, playing badminton (I wish I had some pics of us ladies and our badminton skills) and the kids playing in the pool.

We spent this morning at the rides at the mall with the kids. It is such a fun place to go; it is free for the kids too which is a bonus! We had taken AL there in the spring and she liked it but she loved it this time. She was squealing and laughing the whole time. She is in love with Thomas the Train and Harold the Helicopter (from the same show) so she was in Heaven riding the train and helicopter rides! Even JA got to go for a spin on the train and drive a car!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome weekend! I am glad you all left Camrose when you did too - I heard it was pretty scary!!

    ReplyDelete