We went on a walk this weekend in the river valley. It is one of our favorite places to go. T and I put the kids in the stroller and had a great walking chatting and enjoying the scenery. On the way back we let AL out since she was getting a bit antsy and really wanted to stretch her legs. (We finally got the hint after hearing "Walk Peeze" over and over)
I followed T and AL while I pushed JA in the stroller. I started to get a real kick out of the fact that I had just walked the same path with T but AL noticed things in such a different way. (When I say walk I really mean she ran!)
She was so excited everytime we crossed a bridge to see the ravine and all the dogs in the off leash area running around.
Along the trail is a bike path with a yellow line painted down the middle. I started to notice that she was trying to walk the yellow line and it totally brought back memories of doing the same thing when I was a kid. (She then decided to sit on it)
She had to stop and smell the flowers/weeds............there were a lot of flowers!
Next was a puddle to play in.
We came across a tree that had fallen over and she tried to pick up as many pine cones as she could.
And then apparently any time is a good to to sing the "sleeping bunnies" song from nursery. (The bunnies lay sleeping on the ground and then wake up and hop). AL laid down in the middle of the path and was saying "shhhh....sleeping........hop hop".
We had a great walk and it was so funny to just watch AL enjoy the simple joys along the trail that I would have just walked right by!
look at you guys go! you are a great family- doing outdoorsy things! we need to get out more! So, wow- Alysha is in a big bed. I've been hoping we could wait a while longer for Kennedy. She tries to climb in but not out. We'll see! I miss seeing you, we really should get together!
ReplyDeleteI love walking places other than the sidewalk. What's the stroller you decided on??
ReplyDeleteThis is just soooo cute!
ReplyDeleteYour kids are getting so big!! They are both so cute :)
ReplyDelete