I just picked up my copy of the October 2009 Ensign from the mail while I was out for a walk with the kids this afternoon. I don't know about you but the first thing I do is flip through the entire Ensign front to back to see what jumps out at me. I was surprised to find a few articles dealing with blogging. The article entitled "Better blogging" really grabbed my attention. It gave some safety type tips for blogging. The thing that really hit me was the need to ensure my children's safety by not using their actual names (they suggested using an initial instead) and making sure not to write anything that would make it easy to locate you (ie. town, address, etc.). They had several other suggestions but those are the ones that I really want to adapt TODAY! I am going to go back through old posts and take my children's names out and make sure I haven't said much about our location.
Better safe then sorry :)
No comments:
Post a Comment