Sunday, September 20, 2009

September Fun!

We have been love love loving this amazing September weather! It is such a nice treat to be basking in 25 degree weather for a while longer when we know winter is around the corner. We have been having tons of fun playing in the yard and going for walks. There has been a bit of road construction in our area so our walks really turn into a half hour gawking sessions while we stand on the sidewalk and watch men work (I always feel a little funny just standing there watching but most of the workers always wave and honk at AL which makes her want to stay even longer!)
We took a family trip to the zoo last weekend. It is always pretty ghetto there but we sure do love the petting zoo (AL even got to pet a skunk and a chicken which made me a bit nervous!), the train and pony rides. The kids never seem to notice most of the large animals (they are usually sleeping in a far corner) but they were pretty excited about the exhibit pen filled with hundreds of guinea pigs (now that was entertaining!). We also spent some time at the swimming pool which is always fun. JA is turning into such a little fish, I can't wait to see how much he loves it when he can walk!
Yesterday was another gorgeous day and we spent it at the Park at a picnic for T's work. It was tons of fun. They had astro jumps, cotton candy, face painting and games and AL was in heaven. I had a hard time peeling her off the astro jump when her turn was up! We have been having so much fun this fall that I get a little nervous about how I am going to entertain the troops over the winter. I have started making a list of indoor activities and places we can attend.......if you have any suggestions of places to take the kids please share!

*Hide and seek with Daddy*

*Petting Zoo*

*Pony ride*

*The ghetto part of the zoo*

*T's work picnic*

*If you look close you can see JA's face is painted with a nose and whiskers....AL wanted him to have his face painted just like hers*

*The big slide*

*A good time had by all.........a bottle, a bag of cheetos and a shiny gold necklace*

*Attempting to get a cute pic before church.......no luck but at least they are laughing!*

3 comments:

  1. You should try out Kidz Quarterz in Sherwood Park. Landon loves it and if you go before Alysha turns 2 it would be free, so you could see if she likes it before you have to pay to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures!!! I know that zoo is way ghetto, hey? You've been lucky to have such warm weather...totally skipped us....I'm freezing already. brr. But I'll still go out walking with them until it's really cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri, great idea making a list of indoor activity places, I was thinking that the other day since this will be my first winter that Avery is active! So I think you should post your list of indoor activities! haha, then I can copy! And I'm going to check out the place Alana suggested!
    And can't beleve how old James is, hes a little man now! So cute! And is that a double Phil and Teds (stroller)?! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete