Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pure Delight!

I have been busy trying to prepare for a little birthday party we are having for AL's second birthday. I have come across so many super cute ideas for birthday cakes and I think i have finally figured out what I am going to do (stay tuned for a party post in just over a week). Anyway, I have been trying to find the candy I want to use to decorate the cake. After a friend suggested a cute candy store in town, I figured today was the perfect day for a stroll down that way. (Thanks Mom for joining us)
The store was beyond cute and floor to ceiling candy. AL was getting pretty excited to get out of the stroller. When I finally let her out her reaction was priceless (I wished I had my camera). She jumped up and down, spun around in a full circle with her arms in the air and squealed in delight, this was followed by a mad dash as she ran towards a bin and popped a candy in her mouth (opps). It was just so fun to see how excited she was. (She hasn't even had a lot of candy in her life so I was amazed by her reaction) She left with the cutest lollipop in her mouth and the biggest smile on her face. For the first time I think I really understand the expression "like a kid in a candy store"!

1 comment: