Friday, October 2, 2009

"See you next spring!"

Fall has started to become one of my favorite seasons. I never really used to appreciate it before because it used to just mean that a long winter was just around the corner but this year I have been really taken back by the beauty of it. Our great friend JR just moved back to town with his beautiful wife CR from Florida. I have gotten to know CR a lot over the past few months and just adore her. She has only ever lived in a warm climate (I of course worry about her first winter experience). As we were talking today she said she is loving fall because she has never experienced the seasons before. She said it feels like life is moving forward and that you can experience new beginnings as the seasons change; I love that thought!
We have been busy trying to get our yard ready for winter and have been having fun digging out the flowers and trimming the shrubs. I took my little lady outside with me this week (after I woke up to some heavy frost) and planted bulbs for next spring. She really enjoyed tossing the bulbs into the holes we dug, she laughed so much, it was adorable. When we cover the first set of bulbs with dirt I said "See you next spring" which she repeated and then continued to say each time following.
I love making memories with her!

Today as I was driving past the pond in our neighborhood on my way home from work (I have been doing some sub teaching) I noticed a ton of Canadian geese hanging out at the pond and decided we should take the kids for a walk after dinner. I am not sure if it was just our timing or if we scared them off but we got to sit and watch a good 6 or more flocks take flight. Canadian geese are so big and loud so this process was so exciting for both of the kids. Everytime another flock started to take off we had to say "See you next Spring!"

* As a little side note, our little Buddy is really on the move now. He is climbing stairs, scaling furniture and even attempting to stand alone. Nothing is safe anymore!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute Sheri, I love how you planted bulbs with Alicia and said that, shes so cute! Makes me excited to make memories with Avery like that!

    ReplyDelete