My Mom, Sister and I did brave the deep snow and managed to get out to the town Craft Sale. It is a tradition and we love it! I managed to get JA another handmade wooden truck and some adorable vinyl cutouts of animals and vehicles for the kids to stick to the tub, along with a few other gifts. Despite the snow I was glad to go since I had missed it last year (I was 5cm dilated with JA and a ticking time bomb last year).
With all the snow it felt so nice to be snowed in and have no excuse but to enjoy our little family. On Saturday morning while still in our P.J's we finally put up our tree! The kids helped and it was a bit comical at times with all of our little helpers but they had a blast.
JA couldn't get enough of the lights.
AL loved helping hang the branches on the tree; she even hung the star.
The kids then played in the huge box the tree goes into while we finished decorating.
The bottom of the tree has been very rearranged and we have had 2 broken ornaments
thus far but it sure does feel nice to have it up!
While the kids were napping T and I went out and re-shovelled our driveway. It had been super windy and all of the snow we shovelled the day before was in a huge drift on the driveway. It was a ton of work, interspersed with pushing neighbors cars out of the snow, but it was fun to be able to spend some time "playing" in the snow together!
It took a bit of digging but I finally uncovered my little light up reindeer but alas he doesn't want to work anymore :(
On Sunday my baby boy turned 1! It is hard to believe that he is already a year old.
He came into the world looking pretty beaten up and made quite the entrance when he arrived.
But he had turned into one super cute little guy!
Our little Buddy JA has been such a blessing in our lives. He is such a little piece of sunshine. He can be full of smiles one minute and so serious the next. We sure do love him!
We had a little birthday dinner at my parent's house this week and I decided to make him a banana cake with chocolate butter cream icing in the shape of a monkey wearing a party hat. I was happy with the way it turned out and JA was happy with the way it tasted (he ate every last drop of it!).
It was the perfect wintery weekend!
I don't know what took me so long to realize your blog address was not on my blog roll. Could it be that I'm completely frazzled?
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so cute. Their little matching Christmas outfits....I'm so jealous. I wish I had the money or grandparents to supply such a tradition.
I'm a little jealous of the snow. Sniff...sniff.
Cute cake!! And even cuter little boy :) He's so sweet...can't believe he's already 1!! It's crazy.
ReplyDelete