Despite the trauma of realizing that I am getting older I managed to have just the best birthday weekend! Mother nature spoiled me with above zero temperatures which is pretty rare for this time of the year. We had the best time on Saturday actually getting a chance to enjoy the snow and play outside with the kids. Later that day my sweet husband took me on a date. You can't go wrong with some shopping and dinner out. It was honestly so nice to have a kid free evening. I did get a kick out of the fact that we went to Chapters to look at some books and some how ended up perusing the children's book section and buying books for the kids while on our kid free date! We really did have a great date!
I was super spoiled on my actually birthday with a delicious dinner and cake at my parent's place. It was a wonderful birthday but now I am going to have to figure out how to avoid getting any older!!!
Pulling the kids down to the pond

Sledding down the hill


My Buddy and Me
thats ok....you look like you are 19!!! hot mama. glad you had a good bday
ReplyDeleteI am glad you had a great birthday!! You absolutely still look like you are 19, so no worries for a looooonngg time!!!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I LOVE awesome birthday weekends! And that's how it should be--a weekend, instead of one day! Kind of like Christmas, eh?
ReplyDeleteAs far as getting older, perhaps think of it as one year closer to being reunited with those long gone. Actually, that came out sounding far funnier than serious like I meant it. Hahaha.
We always laugh when we're out without the kids and it seems we talk about them the whole time. Your kids are adorable all bundled up in their sled :)
ReplyDelete