This is what it looked like.

I sanded it down with some "assistance" from my little man. (He loved the power sander)

I painted it black, roughed up the edges with the sander to give it a worn look, stained it and then put on a coat of varathane and this is what I got!

This is what the edges look like closer up

Now I am trying to find a good mirror to hang over it. I want something with a ledge and maybe some key hooks but alas I just can't find one. Of course Target has this cute one but we don't have Target :( If anyone sees one in their travels let me know!
Love how it turned out Sheri! If you're looking for a mirror like that, I just saw one in a JYSK flyer, not exactly the same, but similar idea. Hope you find what you're looking for!
ReplyDeleteI love all this craftiness, I can't wait to see what the rest of the house looks like when the painting is all done!!!
ReplyDeletecute. I love it. I need to be more crafty!
ReplyDeleteSheri! The bench looks soooo freaken good! You did a awesome job, and I love the pillow! I know Rachel Wolff has a mirror like that one, and I have one that similar but I got it from Tara Fullmer, so you'e hve to ask her where its from! Serously, good job on the bench!
ReplyDelete