Friday, March 19, 2010

Progress

I have just finished 4 whole weeks of working out daily Mon-Fri (with a couple Saturdays in the mix too). I have been alternating my Jillian Michael's workout videos with cardio on our elliptical. Even though it has only been 4 weeks I have seen lots of progress and improvement in even this amount of time which is such great motivation. I have managed to loose a few pounds which is always nice but my primary goal is to get toned. I am starting to see little differences which gives me the motivation to keep on going. I am now able to burn double the calories on the elliptical than I was when I first started. The Jillian Michael's videos are still quite challenging (my push ups still have a long way to go) but it has been fun to see how much better I am able to do than just 4 weeks ago. All I can say is that I would DIE if I was on the Biggest Loser and had to do her workouts all day long......so intense!
I have been working out when JA is napping and my little AL loves it. She is so quick to remind me to get my shoes and weights and turn on the "dance video" as she calls it as soon as JA is in his crib. She loves to do a bit of it with me but she has also been super good at letting me do the full 50 min workout. She is actually like having a little personal trainer in the room because she walks around me and parrots what Jillian is saying on the video.....I hear a lot of "Squeeze muscles Sheri" and "Push harder" and "You can do it"! I think that one of the best parts about it has been getting in some time just for myself each day. I have really missed the days of napping kids and getting a break so this has been a perfect replacement. I feel way better about myself and can see lots of hope that I may one day be a bit more toned.
I have made a huge effort to eliminate unhealthy snacking which has been great too.
I'm sure I will continue to update my blog with bits of progress so that I can try and keep myself accountable to someone!
I would love to hear any ideas of things you do at home to stay in shape.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Sheri!! I've been a slacker in the workout department...but Ryker is always my biggest supporter. So funny...these little kiddies. One of my best friends is a personal trainer and she says eating is 80% of weight loss. I've tried to stop snacking and drinking more water. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! A little trainer. HAHA! WAY TO GO ON YOUR WORKOUTS!!!!!! You are my hero. I love ellipticals.

    ReplyDelete