1.) I love school supplies (pencils, pens, crayons, paper, stickers, etc)
2.) I love celebrating seasonal holidays with children (I love any excuse to make an ordinary day special whether it is Valentine's Day or the 100th Day of school it is just so fun).
Since I have been substitute teaching this past year and don't now have a classroom of little ones to be crafty and festive with my two little kids are the perfect replacement (even if they don't really understand why we are pasting paper hearts all over the wall or why we are wearing green!)
There are so many great ideas on the Internet on how to have fun with the kids that I am never short on ideas and usually have to make sure I only pick a few things.
There is a wee bit of Irish blood flowing through my veins (Great Grandma was from Ireland) so we have had fun getting into the spirit. We are of course all wearing green; my poor husband was even sent to work wearing a green tie!
I had lots of fun creating a little bag of "gold" (Rolos) to pop into T's work bag for a surprise today.

AL and I made a lovely Lime Jello Poke Cake for family dessert on Sunday and it sure was tasty.


We had fun playing at the indoor gym with our best buds and surrounded by other little green toddlers this morning and then AL got to spend the afternoon with her Grandma all to herself.
We topped the day off with a green dinner consisting of Pasta Primavera with steamed vegetables (mostly green ones) made with spinach fettuccine and a glass of Limeade to drink!

I feel like I must have the Luck of the Irish with me because I am the luckiest girl to have been blessed with an amazing husband and beautiful children and a truly lovely life.
Happy St.Patrick's Day!!!
It sounds like you guys did some fun things today. I love celebrating with my kiddies too. I had bought a cute St. Patrick's day book about the night before st. patricks day and we read it together the night before. So that night I made a trail of golden coins (I couldn't find the chocolate coins so I just made circles of golden yellow paper) that led to little bags of golden nuggets. I also made some green decorations and added a green table cloth. I had printed off some St. Patrick's Day coloring sheets and a craft. Ryker loved it. I also made green pancakes this morning and we had green milk. It was so fun. I love making it magical for my kids.
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Gosh. You are so creative. I can't think past the coloring and pencils. I LOVE CELEBRATING holidays with kids. They are the vision and excitement that so many adults lose. You kids are even closer in age than mine and you manage to pull off something creative. Way to go. I'll have to be better or at least think of it more. Where do you get your ideas?
ReplyDelete