It is unbelievable how much energy and excitement you can get from a little sunshine and warmth. These past couple of weeks have left me feeling much more alive and refreshed thanks to a combination of great daily workouts, the majority of nights have been filled with sweet uninterrupted sleep, and getting outside to play every afternoon.
I love taking the kids outside to play, they seriously make me think of watching animals that have been penned up all winter run wild! We have been having a great time with side walk chalk on the driveway, shovelling piles of snow everywhere, chasing bubbles, playing in the playhouse, eating snow and trying to keep JA from running into the street (my least favorite part)!


Today AL and I went outside will JA was napping and I was such a proud Momma to watch as she actually blew several bubbles on her own.


We headed to the backyard and trudged through the snow to the back edge of the yard where we could actually stand on grass because the snow had melted entirely there. She spotted our garden boxes that have been mostly exposed and was sure we needed to go and water the carrots and beans (that we had grown last summer) with her watering can. It was hard to explain to her that we needed to wait for the snow to melt before we planted and watered. She seemed so set on watering with her little watering can that she brought it in the house with us to fill it with water. I decided to be a "fun" mom and let her water until her heart was content in the sink!

Even though I know it will likely snow again I am still going to enjoy every moment of it. Hooray for signs of spring!!!
The sun totally makes my world go round too. It's a sign of hope.
ReplyDeleteit's so nice being able to finally be outside with the kids. we are loving our daily walks :) The nice thing is that winter really won't be too much longer.
ReplyDeletegood job on being a fun mom.
ReplyDelete