Tuesday, June 1, 2010

a little break

I am one lucky lady. I had the chance to getaway for a much needed break from my kids, their seemingly non-stop sickness and just the regular day to day life this past weekend. All I can say is that I have the BEST husband ever. T held down the fort and took care of the sick ones, maintained a clean house and even managed to get laundry done! What a guy.
I hopped on a plane on Friday to the always beautiful Vancouver Island to go visit my bestest childhood friend TT. I grew up in Sidney (which is basically where the Victoria Airport & ferries are for any of you who have been there). Anyway, TT and I were neighbors and best friends from the age of 2 and it is always just the best to spend time with her.
When I left here it was raining and this is the view from the plane when I arrived and pretty much the whole time I was on the island but I could not have cared less!

On the Friday afternoon when I arrived we headed into Sidney and had lunch and toured the town.

We went to one of my favorite beaches (Island View Beach) and took TT's dog for a walk.

We had an amazing dinner thanks to TT's Mom who even let us invade her home for the weekend. We watched girly movies, ate junk food and topped the night off with a perfect night sleep!
On Saturday we headed downtown Victoria and shopped and checked out the gorgeous harbor. (It rained the whole weekend so every pic has me wearing the same coat but I promise I changed my clothes while there :)



We went for sushi for lunch and I finally got to meet TT's amazing boyfriend! (she has my approval) We spent the afternoon mini-golfing, shopping and then headed to the Keg for dinner (I have to admit that I ate way too many delicious meals while gone)
I moved away from Sidney just before I turned 16 and TT also moved out of the neighborhood we grew up in a few years later so a trip to the island is never complete without us stopping by and stalking our old houses!


I still find it hard to believe that I ever lived in such a gorgeous and lush place!
We spent Sunday morning at Butchart Gardens which is seriously breath taking.


We spent some more time at the beach. I must admit that I long to have a place that compares to the beach to stroll, be surrounded by amazing scenery and just be alone with your thoughts where we live.
The trip was short and sweet but honestly just what I needed. I think I might just have to make this a yearly thing!

4 comments:

  1. So nice that you got away! looks like you had fun! Had no idea you were raised in BC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh I am SO jealous of your mini-vacay, not to mention where you grew up! Lucky lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO happy you made this happen for yourself. What a beautiful place to go to as well! You look so pretty in all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome husband. I'm so glad you had a good time. Breaks are always needed and ALWAYS appreciated. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete