Friday, June 4, 2010

a recommendation

I just finished reading a fabulous book; the kind of book that is so good you think about it when you lay in bed at night and have a hard time putting it down during the day!
I will even confess that I was so engrossed in the end of this novel yesterday that I may have ignored my little girl (JA was napping) and when I did surface I found her like this (what you can't see it that in her hand she is holding the strings to a dozen tampons that she had dismantled!)


It is called "Secret Daughter" written by Shilpi Somaya Gowda.

Without giving too much of it away it basically follows the parallel stories of a lady in India who is forced to give up her daughter to an orphanage (or her husband will kill the baby because it is a girl) and the American couple who adopt the baby. It was seriously two amazing journeys to read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment