Friday, June 4, 2010

days like these

Today was one of those perfectly delightful days; one of those days that just make you smile!
With my trip last weekend and T working long hours and keeping busy in the evenings this week with helping friends move and church duties etc, it was feeling like it had been a while since we had spent time together as a family. T has every other Friday off and today was his day. The sun was shining so we decided to head to the Ravine and go for a little stroll. JA was actually set free out of the confines of the stroller which is always entertaining to watch.

I don't know what it is about little boys and sticks but they seemed to attract each other like magnets!

Puddles too for that matter.

AL loved running as fast as she could.

When we got to the end of the trail we decided to try out our dragon kite.


This afternoon we embarked on our first ever run together as a family. I have been "learning" to run over the past few months but to be honest I have totally slacked off over the past month with snowy days and then just pure exhaustion dealing with sick kids. Anyway, we don't technically have a running stroller so when I run I am on my own and usually when I get home then T goes for a run. Our stroller is great though and even though it doesn't have a locking front wheel it worked out perfectly for us. We went for a little 3 km run and I must say that it was so easy compared to when I go on my own. I loved having someone to keep a pace with and children to entertain as we ran past all the construction vehicles we saw.
We have been hoping to run a 10km run together at the end of the summer so I was super happy to see how possible that seems now that I have some running partners to train with!

We spent the rest of the day playing in the yard and working in the garden. I love days spent together as a family.....it really is the best!

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to finally be outside!! And so true that boys love sticks and puddles...mine sure do :)

    ReplyDelete