We celebrated JA's 1/2 birthday yesterday at my parent's house with a few delicious cupcakes (although I was going to make a 1/2 cake I figured he wouldn't know the difference this year). He loved every minute of us singing to him of course the 1 1/2 candles caught his attention too!


(note the car in each of his hands in the above pic)
AL of course got in on the action too with a candle of her own.

18 months old means he can officailly go to nursery at church now which he has been doing on and off these past few months as I been blessed/cursed with the opportunity to serve in nursery (nothing like being called to nursery with both of my kids when I was almost child free at church) Thus far JA loves being able to play and play and could care less if I am in there.
At 18 months old JA is:
-the sweetest little boy around; he loves to snuggle and cuddle
-he is very shy of strangers and will burry his head in my chest until he warms up (the other night we had the missionaries for dinner and he instantly became shy and stayed hiding in my chest for over an hour but the moment they walked out the door he lifted his head, started chatting and ran off like nothing had happened!)
-he loves loves loves cars, trucks, trains (anything with wheels) and always has at least one in his hand (I have gotten in the habit of carrying Hot Wheels around in my pocket for when they are needed)
-he is so funny! JA loves to make us laugh and will put on a good show to make us laugh. Today he walked around with a plate covering his face laughing contagiously as he would run past us. He loves to do this (see below pic) and yell "ahhhhh" until both his sister and him are laughing hysterically

-he loves to dance to a good tune
-he loves to eat (a total meat and potatoes kind of guy!)
-he is a terrible sleeper (mostly due to being sick so often over the past few months)but we are working super hard on getting him back to sleeping through the night
-he is so skinny and tiny that he is still wearing lots of pants that are 6-12 month size
-he is finally getting some hair (although it is all in the back), the tiny curls are adorable. He is pointing to an airplane in this pic which is another favorite thing of his.

-he is a man of few words but he seems to have an adorable language all of his own. He walks around babbling all day long; he especially loves to chat with his reflection in the oven door.
-he is beyond loved!
We couldn't imagine our lives without JA in our family. We truly are blessed to have such a sweet little guy. We love you Buddy!
I love the half birthday idea. What fun!
ReplyDeleteAHHH! I remember the half birthday post last time! And I forgot to do it! AH! Cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteHehe that a great idea! I love the half candle, perfect touch!
ReplyDeleteHe's so cute! I love the half birthday idea...and wanted to do it this year, but unfortunately Ryker's half birthday fell this week during a crazy crazy time. I'm thinking I could do it next week and he'd have no idea :)
ReplyDelete