Over the winter, T and I talked about doing a 10 km run this summer. I have honestly always hated running and never even thought I could be a "runner". T ran a 1/2 marathon 2 summers ago so I know he is more than able to do a 10 km. A few years ago I took place in a 60 km walk for breast cancer and thought that was more up my alley. BUT after lacing up my shoes over the past few months and getting out to run I think I might just be up for the challenge. I know I can for sure do the distance my goal now is to be able to train so that I can do it within the time I am aiming for and hopefully without having to walk at all. That and I am hoping to be able to not be insanely sore the week following the big run!
I have convinced a handful of friends and family to join us on the run; the more the merrier! The run is at the end of August so if anyone else is wanting to join us let me know and I will email you the info.
Brett just got into running and I am getting re-introduced to it. We were talking about how far we wanted to be able to run by the end of summer. I don't think there are any races scheduled for this year, but maybe next spring. I think it would be super fun to run together!
ReplyDelete