Just over a week ago we packed up and headed to the mountains and stayed here (there is a link attached to the word "here" but is doesn't seem to want to highlight it)in Canmore. I could seriously gush at length about the place we stayed in but I will just make it quick so others can get in on the good deal. It was an amazing 2 bedroom (2 double beds, 1 king bed, a double bed pull out couch, 2 full baths, full kitchen) 2 storey unit. It was in beautiful/new condition and all the units surrounded a heated outdoor pool, hot tub and BBQs and we got it for a grand total of $95/night on Expedia! May and June are their down time so look into it next year if you are interested, we are even going to check to see if they have a similar deal during their down time this fall. We couldn't have been happier!
We spent time touring the adorable town of Canmore, took several trips into Banff to ride the Gondola, see the falls, the town and spend time at Lake Minnewaka. The kids loved all the wildlife; the mountain goats were way too friendly! We seriously loved it. It is so amazing to be surrounded by so much beauty.
On the way home we hit the Calgary Zoo and the kids had a blast.



I went to see Eclipse opening night which kinda made me feel like I was actually 29 going on 14 years old when I was camped out with the rest of the teen girls waiting in line BUT it was worth it!!! The movie did not disappoint in the least and all I have to say is TEAM JACOB!

We have a fantastic Canada Day. We spent the first half of the day in my parent's town attending their amazing festivities. The kids had way too much fun on the astro jumps, at the petting zoo, pony rides, play dough, bubbles, painting, face painting and hair painting too plus sooooo much more. I feel so incredibly blessed to call myself a Canadian and it was a fantastic day to reflect on all that we have.


I have been busy training to run the 10km in August so I have been out with my fabulous running partners 3 times a week. I have to admit that I am kinda loving it! Some moments are of course painful and I wonder what I got myself into but I think it has just been so good for the soul. Having amazing partners to run with sure helps too! Just under 7 weeks of training to go.
Things are about to change around here this week. My 18 year old SIL is moving from a super small town (500 people) to live with us until she finds a job and a place to live. I am not really a person that loves change and I kinda love my own space but I am really hoping for the best. I hope that we can help get her life on a great successful track. I know that my own sister helped me in the exact same way when I moved here almost 10 years ago so I hope that I can do the same for her.
That pretty much sums up life in the past few weeks. We are loving summer and loving all the fun memories that are being made!
Boo. Team Edward! Although the past two movies have made me more sympathetic to Jacob's plight. Can't wait to see how he acts in the last installment! Just went and saw it for the second time tonight. Fun recaps of family time! I love when fun memories work out.
ReplyDeleteIf you guys come in the Fall, let us know when!! We'd love to join you in Canmore/Banff or at the Zoo! I will forgive you for not calling, but only because I was away :P
ReplyDelete