I have to start by saying that I love anything crafty and I had just the best time planning for the party. For the decorations I made some cute tissue paper pom poms to hang over the table, I put a princess table cloth on the table and then I made a very girly banner with the birthday girls name on it and I made a coordinating one to hang in the living room that read "Happy Birthday".
I made some place cards for all the little girls (and one in blue for the one boy guest)
AL wanted a castle birthday cake and that is just what she got!
We gave AL a princess dress for her birthday and all the little girls came dressed in princess outfits as well. The one little boy came dressed as a dragon so cute). I gave all of the little girls a bit of glitter on their faces too.
For the actual party, we started off by decorating crowns with stickers and jewels.
I then had the kids sit on the floor while I read then the story "The Frog Prince". I had a super hard time finding a simplified copy of this story so last minute I found the perfect version online that I printed and colored. The kids loved the story and sat so well for it.
We then played a game of 'Pin the Kiss on the Frog" that I had made.
Next we decorated sugar cookies that had been made in the shape of crowns, castles and slippers (and a few dinosaurs and sharks for the boy).
It was funny watching some of the kids just eat the icing!
We had a pinata which the kids could have cared less about; they wanted to play with all the toys in the basement! (until the candy fell out anyway!)
We have the best neighbors in the world and they let us borrow their bouncer for the second year in a row. The weather was gorgeous so the princesses headed out for some jumping time.
Once they were ready to be refueled we headed back inside for cake and presents.
Needless to say our little Princess could not have had a better day!!!
Looks like a GREAT party! I thought the cake was awesome!
ReplyDeleteUm, can you please make me a giant frog like that?! Seriously so cute, Sheri! I cannot believe how grown up AL is getting, time flies!
ReplyDeleteWow! You ARE crafty! I want to come to this party~!
ReplyDeleteYou did an amazing job!!! I can't believe all the work you did for the party. I'm sure the birthday girl LOVED it!! And the cake...seriously you are talented :) Great job!
ReplyDeletewhat a fun mom you are! i remember (mostly by home video) going to a princess party so much fun! your little princess is lucky girl!
ReplyDelete