Tuesday, October 12, 2010

3 Years Old!

Today was AL's official 3rd birthday. Although we celebrated a few weeks ago with her princess party we still managed to make today special as well. She spent the morning at preschool at our friend's house and had the best time. I had told her last night I would make cupcakes today for her birthday and she wanted "pink" ones. When I woke her up this morning she told me she was so excited to go to preschool and that she wanted to take her pink cupcakes to share with her friends (opps.......I was just planning to have them at dinner and hadn't made them). So while she was at preschool JA and I made cupcakes for her and her friends to share at the end of preschool!
Wearing her "Birthday Girl" button

Eating cupcakes with one of her school friends

Opening a present from her brother


We played in the gorgeous weather for quite some time in the afternoon. AL and JA are in love with playing in the garden boxes now that they are empty, anyway, I ran inside to get the phone and when I came back I found the birthday girl dumping handfuls of dirt down the back of her brother's overalls....I guess 3 year olds are trouble makers too!
Caught in the act

A second cupcake after dinner


It was a perfect day!


Three years ago today I became a Mom and my life was forever changed. Being a Mom has been the best and the hardest thing I have ever done. I sure love my little girl. Here is a look at how she has changed over the three years.

A few days old

One year old

Two years old
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgHfClUTXRIcKXp00qvJ0vNx5M6057HosP9K2rzGG7qx3pBWU8DDnroolKbhUEr70SaOvVxkucD-qQY3nLzgoFKpklIZrd68zUeyNVeEvwc8AqsXi94kXOie2lrY-ADX1IvZ-iei9SdDwE/s1600/DSC_0015.JPG">
Three years old


At three years old AL is:
-so sweet; she loves to play with her brother and always makes sure he gets what she is getting
- she is beginning to play very independently and with lots of imagination. She loves to spend long periods of time playing with her princess dolls (they have pretty entertaining conversations and always seem to be going to one party after another)
-she loves to sing. We often hear her singing to herself after we have put her to bed at night.
- she loves to learn and just soaks in everything she learns
- she loves to have "craft time" several times a day (coloring, stickers, painting, etc)
- she has a pretty strong will some days
- she gives the biggest and best thank you's
- she is one of my best little friends and I just love being able to spend everyday with her

Happy Birthday AL we love you!

4 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie Sherri! I cant believe what a beautiful baby she was... well its not s surprise since shes a beautiful 3 year old! And her princess bday part was incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture is completely adorable!! Sounds like she had a great birthday!! And I love how she wanted cupcakes to share with her class...what a good mom for making them for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! She is such a sweetie. And I love your preschool. Your poster looks so much more professional than ours and I love the little circles with their names on!!! I also did fall this past week. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete