Saturday, November 27, 2010

They Keep Me Busy!

Life with two toddlers sure does keep a Momma busy! With JA turning 2 next week and AL just fresh into the 3 year old phase they constantly keep my on my toes.

We decorated our Christmas tree this week (I am sure the cold weather made me cave and get the tree up a bit early). I opted out on putting the ribbon I usually use around the tree since the past two years the kids were always pulling it across the room. I was happy with how the tree turned out though.

I wanted to stress to the kids that the tree was just to look at and not to be touched so every time they reached for an ornament I would warn them with a timeout and I even sent AL to timeout when she took an ornament off just to affirm my thoughts on touching the tree.
I ran upstairs to get dressed a few days ago and in that 10 mins I came down to find my tree looking like this.

Actually I came down to find 1/2 of the missing ornaments smashed into tiny pieces all over the floor and my children rolling in it all (how they didn't cut themselves is beyond me). The good parent in me decided that cleaning up the mess was of greater importance than capturing a picture of it....that and I was a tiny bit mad!

They love to take my couches apart at every chance they get and play in the cushions. (No amount of time outs has stopped this habit)

They have their own band.


And this morning AL decided to be her own hair dresser.


What can I say, they keep life busy! (At least I never get bored).

8 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! I would have died over the haircut! And the tree.... Life is never dull is it? Thank goodness they're soooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just look what I have to look forward to! Yikes! I'm nervous to put up my tree this year... but the next few years will get even more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a reason why we invested in nice plastic ornaments. Look good - kids can't break. I would have been so sad if I came down to my tree like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sheri...I had to giggle at the half-naked tree, we'll be in the same boat I'm sure! I'm thinking of building a fence around the tree. :) And the hair-cut--one of those dreaded moments right up there with diaper cream. Were you able to doctor it up and make it look okay? that's a pretty big chunk she took off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhhhh I love the pictures, especially of the barely decorated tree! Those kids are so lucky they didn't hurt themselves! I'll have to post a pic of mine, I'm surprised the kids are leaving it alone- knock on wood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness! I feel for you...I really do. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I just had to laugh a little bit. I am just glad it isn't just me that has the crazy kids. I think Sarah could equal your two though.... She can't get any chairs into the kitchen anymore, so she has learned to scale the front of the stove to get up on the counters. The joys of toddlers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA. That really sucks. And it's funny. Ever thought of doing a tree just for them that they can do anything to? Ours is in the basement.

    ReplyDelete