In the middle of the night the perfect idea came to me. We headed out to the grocery store this morning and survived with minimal incidence. We then drove across the parking lot to our awaiting adventure at this place.

We practically had the place to ourselves and had so much fun. We looked at the fish, the hamsters, gerbils,birds,lizards and snakes. The kids filled the store with squeals of delight. We admired the kittens and watched a puppy having his hair cut. We visited with a fellow customer that had their dog in the store. To top off our trip we came home with 4 lovely gold fish for a grand total of $1.26. When we got home we took the old aquarium out of the basement and set up a new home for our golden friends in AL's room.
The kids have spent the majority of the day like this:
They even ate their lunch in this very spot. I have found them reading stories to their fish, showing them their toys and watching their every move.
We will for sure be stopping back at the pet shop again!
HAHAHA I love it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea!! My kids love the pet store too!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome idea! I'm glad you got out.
ReplyDeleteThat was a great idea! I had fish growing up as a kid. They changed names daily lol.
ReplyDeleteJess
reading stories and showing the fish their toys...that is ADORABLE!! hahaha, made me laugh ;)
ReplyDeleteHey - thanks for visiting my blog and signing up to be a follower! How fun you are doing a preschool program with your kids this year too. Are you having a great time? It seriously has brought my and my kids so close and opened us up to so much learning. I really love how it has made my children information seekers. They want to know and learn and discover. So great!
ReplyDeleteSee you in blogland!
That's a great idea! I don't think I would have thought to go there!
ReplyDelete