Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Family Day Weekend

We just had a fantastic weekend full of family and fun! I love that the province we live in gives us a holiday with the intention of spending it with your family. Doesn't get much better than that.
The weather was a bit chilly most of the weekend (-30's windchill) so we decided to treat ourselves and run at an indoor track on Friday night. Did I mention that I am running a 12km run in May, in the mountains? I am super excited for it (it is a girls only run.....great excuse for a girl's weekend). We didn't want to miss out on our longer weekend run so we headed indoors for a 7km. Can I just tell you what a nice treat that was! The track itself gets a bit boring after a while (30 laps)but the hot tub after made it worth it.
T's brother and wife and their 6 kids came up this weekend. My SIL had been my running partner up until they moved in the fall so it was extra fun to have her join us for the Friday run. We spent some time visiting with their whole family on Saturday and had a great time catching up and playing with cousins.
JA is almost a year older than his cousin G but because he is so tiny they were basically the same size (I think his cousin had a pound or two on him). They were so fun to watch together........they sure do look alike!

T and his brother (super excited for a pic)


Sunday was spent busy with church and then some family dinner time over at my parent's house. I love spending time with Family!


On Monday we packed up and headed to the HUGE water park. The kids had such a great time (once JA got over being overwhelmed by the crowds and noise). JA loved the toddler pool and our little AL had a blast riding the water slides and playing in the spray park area. She eventually got to the point where she would insist on going down the water slides on her own. I can't get over how brave she is and how fast she is growing up! (I wish I had some pics but keeping track of two toddlers in the water and cameras just don't mix!)


We then headed over to McDonald's for some lunch and time on the play place (Where else would two toddlers want to eat!?!?!).
It was a fantastic weekend spent with family. I am so blessed to have such an amazing family. Love you guys.

1 comment: