Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love Love Love

Yesterday T and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary! It is seriously hard to believe how fast the time has flown by.



I can't even put into word just how much I love this amazing man. He is so kind, patient, loving and hard working; truly my best friend. I couldn't ask for a better father for my children; T is seriously the best!
We managed to escape for a little Valentines/Anniversary date on Saturday night despite having sick little kids (thanks Grandma & Grandpa). We went to a fantastic restaurant downtown. The food was amazing, the presentation was gorgeous and the atmosphere was so cozy and romantic. We had just the best night out. It is always so nice to just have a few hours to reconnect and enjoy each others company.
We celebrated Valentine's Day on Sunday with a few treats for the kids and then a very festive breakfast of Belgian waffles and pink fruit smoothies (poor little JA's smoothie may have been laced with prescription meds). The kids loved it!


I love how throwing a bit of whip cream and pink and red sprinkles on top of a smoothie can just make your kids' day!
The weather was amazing so we topped the day off with a nice BBQ steak dinner after church.

I was completely spoiled with a much needed massage on Friday night. I had thrown my neck out at the start of the week and then after carrying around very sick little children all week my back was a wreck. I am happy to report that I could turn my neck again as soon as the massage was done!! T also brought home a gorgeous bouquet of flowers for me on Friday. AL saw the flowers and just kept saying "oh Thank you Daddy, Thank you for my beautiful flowers". I even found her sitting on the kitchen table stroking the flower petals!!
We surprised Daddy was his bouquet of "sweetie pies" on Valentine's Day and he loved them.


Overall it was the perfect weekend full of Love!

2 comments: