Monday, March 14, 2011

Fun Fridays

We have been spoiled over the past two years with having T home every other Friday. He works a longer day when he is at work to get these days off. I remember when my kids were just tiny babies and T told me that he would have the option to work this schedule, it was like a blessing and then some! Not only has it been fun to have him around on a week day but it has allowed me to schedule appointments that aren't ideal to take two toddlers to on this day. Sadly he will only be getting every third Friday off starting in April (but I am still so grateful for that too).
We try to take the kids out and do something fun as a family when T is home.
This past Friday we headed back to the huge mall and decided to take the kids bowling for the first time.
We weren't sure if the kids would like it or even be able to do 10 pin bowling but it was a huge success! We went during toddler time at the alley and they set the kids up with 4lb balls, bumpers on their turns and little ramps to push the ball down. We had the best time.





We stopped and had some lunch in the mall once we were done bowling and then I got sucked into a store that was having a huge sale. While I was browsing T took the kids to see the sea lions. As they were waiting for me they stopped by the water fountains. This particular fountain has stairs that lead right down into the water. Little Al headed down the stairs and kept eyeing up all the sparkling coins in the water; before T knew it she walked straight into the water up to her knees to grab a few pennies! She was so wet and pretty unimpressed when she was pulled out of the water. It was pretty funny but she had one wet and cold trip home in her soggy pants and snow boots in the -30 winds ;)
We love fun Fridays!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an adventure for sure. While A was in there, she should have pulled out a few quarter's too. :) Rob get's every other Friday off as well. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe. I love family outings that are just plain fun. No work or worries or stuff that has to be done. Pure enjoyment. Good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a ha ha!! so funny!!

    Brian has had Fridays off while in Calgary for his practicum, and I am sure going to miss that when he starts real work in the summer!! Love family outings!!

    I'd never even thought to take Kennedy bowling! what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete