Over the past couple weeks we have had a little fun talking about and preparing for St.Patrick's Day. I did have a lot of plans that we never got to but with the kids so young I didn't feel too much pressure either way! We decorated Shamrocks at the start of the month to hang in the house. For preschool this week the kids had a little St.Patrick's Day party and AL had just the best time. She came home with gold coins from a treasure hunt, a picture of rainbows and this adorable little guy. (sorry the pic is turned.......it is straight on my computer so I am a bit confused)
We started off our morning right today with a "Magically Delicious" breakfast (a first for the kids). They couldn't believe their luck! AL kept asking for more "leprechauns to eat" all day long.

We of course wore green and even called Daddy at work to ask if he was wearing green or if he would need some pinches when he got home. Green jello was served after lunch and was a huge hit.
We made these cute little colorburst cupcakes. I attempted the frosting that went with them and then abandoned the idea after a disaster with the first step in the recipe. Our trusty chocolate frosting did the trick. AL loved helping me pipe the frosting and pour on the sprinkles. JA loved eating them.
We then made a traditional Irish Brown (whole wheat) Soda Bread to eat with our dinner. It was pretty darn tasty just super filling.
After the kids were bathed (nothing beats the smell of fresh soapy smelling babies) we played "hide the shamrocks". I love playing games with the kids at this age......too cute; they get so excited.
I must admit that I really don't know much about St.Patrick (I will be googling that when I am done this post) but I sure do love any excuse to add some magic to our ordinary days.
Happy St.Patrick's Day!
Sounds heavenly. A perfect motherly day.
ReplyDeleteYou are making a lot of us (me and Allison) look bad! What a great way to spend today!
ReplyDeleteFun times. We made coloured water today like your post awhile ago. Can you send me the link to your post you made quite awhile ago about making bread with lecithin (I think)?
ReplyDeletelieselmeldrum@hotmail.com
you're such a fun mom! i'll be stealing some ideas from you when my kids are older!
ReplyDeleteGood Job. My kids would have loved those things. I did thy to make pot of gold sugar cookes. They looked funny but tasted super yummy. I guess that is waht really counts in the end.
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun!! Glad the kiddies loved it :)
ReplyDeleteI would love your soda bread recipe! :) I'm glad you had such a fun day!
ReplyDeleteWe had soda bread with our dinner too! Great minds, right?
ReplyDelete